We currently have scheduled the following themed tours for 2018:
- Sunday, 20th May at 2:00 pm
- Artists in Residence
- In pre-gold-rush Melbourne learning and intellectual achievements were prized. Their presence guaranteed the continuation of European culture in the colony. On this tour we will visit the lives of some of the artists who accompanied explorers beyond the city and painted scenery in the nearby hills.
- Sunday, 15th July at 2:00 pm
- Engineers & Inventors - Shaping Victoria
- This walk is about the engineers who
- designed the Victorian railway bridges that you still travel over today
- brought water to your taps ·
- printed those tobacco tins which you keep buttons in.
- Sunday, 9th September at 2:00 pm
- Good Sports!
- Where else would you find a swathe of Sherrins in September in Melbourne? Answer: The Kew Cemetery. Let us introduce you to some sporting greats – some who are gone but certainly not forgotten.
Tours will leave from the cemetery gates at the cnr High Street and Parkhill Road, Kew at the time designated. Expected duration for our tours is around two hours. We recommend wearing good walking shoes.
Please note that spaces are limited and bookings are essential. For further details call Elaine on 0438 120 846 and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Private Group Tours
Subject to availability we conduct weekday (or weekend) tours for community groups. We can tailor a tour to suit or choose from of our list:
- Best of the Best - a cross-section of some of the more high-profile monuments and memorials
- Ned Kelly
- Retail Therapy - household names
- Explosive Characters
- Murder, Mayhem & Madness
- Untimely Ends
- Crime & Punishment - lawmakers and lawbreakers
- Ripping Yarns - some of the best stories
- Ladies in Residence - showcases the wonderful women of Melbourne's past
- Our Military Heritage
If you are interested in organising one of these tours for your group, please contact us on email@example.com.