We currently have scheduled the following themed tours for 2018:
- Sunday, 15th July at 2:00 pm
- Engineers & Inventors - Shaping Victoria
- All great cities rely on clean drinking water, a viable sewerage system, power and efficient transport. In the 1880s, Melbourne was considered one of the greatest cities of the world both in size and development. Learn about the men of vision who provided the infrastructure for 500,000 people and explore with us why Marvellous Melbourne earnt this grand title.
- Sunday, 19th August at 2:00 pm
- Mystery, Murder and Mayhem!
- Not all of Kew Cemetery's residents were successful bankers and lawyers. Some had - shall we say - a colourful past; like the odd serial killer. Tall tales, but true.
- Sunday, 9th September at 2:00 pm
- Good Sports!
- Many people will tell you that Melbourne is the sporting capital of the world and who would disagree. There are many sporting legends buried in our cemetery. In September we certainly remember the Sherrin family and their footballs, but there are other wonderful stories to share. Your grandchildren might like this tour too.
Cost: $10.00 - members free
Tours will leave from the cemetery gates at the cnr High Street and Parkhill Road, Kew at the time designated. Expected duration for our tours is around two hours. We recommend wearing good walking shoes.
Please note that spaces are limited and bookings are essential. For further details call Elaine on 0438 120 846 and leave a message or email email@example.com .
Private Group Tours
Subject to availability we conduct weekday (or weekend) tours for community groups. We can tailor a tour to suit or choose from of our list:
- Best of the Best - a cross-section of some of the more high-profile monuments and memorials
- Ned Kelly
- Retail Therapy - household names
- Explosive Characters
- Murder, Mayhem & Madness
- Untimely Ends
- Crime & Punishment - lawmakers and lawbreakers
- Ripping Yarns - some of the best stories
- Ladies in Residence - showcases the wonderful women of Melbourne's past
- Our Military Heritage
If you are interested in organising one of these tours for your group, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.