Aims and Objectives
We have identified the following aims for our group:
- Research the historical significance and national importance of the Cemetery.
- Research all aspects of the Cemetery and the lives of those interred there.
- Liaise with institutions, interested groups, and descendants.
- Conduct public and private tours and talks about the Cemetery.
- Raising funds, including applying for appropriate grants in order to contribute to particular restoration projects in the Cemetery.
- Share and make available research materials and information between the public, all FOBKC members, the Cemetery Trustees and interested stakeholders for their personal use.
In line with our Aims and Objectives we undertake the following activities:
- Conduct regular themed tours through the cemetery
- Conduct monthly working bees
- Locating the graves for descendants upon request
- Researching the lives of those interred at the cemetery, keeping records relating to such and making those records available to the general public
- Attending historical or community events; give talks to community groups in the interests of publicising FOBKC and the cemetery
- Raising funds by applying for appropriate grants to produce newsletters, brochures, books, etc. about the cemetery
- The main source of income for FOBKC is from membership fees, tours, grants and donations
- Undertake to produce literature which will engage the community with the cemetery